- 350g trimmed sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce marinade, (we used Kikkoman teriyaki marinade)
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 2 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped juice 1⁄2 lime
- 6 Little Gem lettuces leaves
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Put the steak between two sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until half its original thickness. Thinly slice the steak, then mix with the teriyaki marinade in a bowl. Leave to marinate for 5-10 mins.
- Roughly dice the cucumber and mix with the chopped coriander and lime juice. Season with a little salt.
- Heat a frying pan until very hot, then fry the steak slices for 1½-2½ mins for rare to medium, turning the slices halfway through.
- Pile the cucumber mixture into the lettuce leaves, then top with the seared teriyaki beef, chilli and red onion.
PREP: 10 Mins. Cook: 5 Mins.
Serves 2 People.
By Good Food